how to get
I tried out two different online ticket types from one seller – a standard ticket and a ticket combined with a guided tour. And I’m pleased to say that I didn’t have to wait very long at all on either occasion. It couldn’t have been any more straightforward.
Keep reading to find out which tickets I went for and how it all worked when I got to the Colosseum.
Last Modification: 18.09.2023 | Céline
|Colosseum Tickets||Price||Information||Buy Ticket|
| Online-Ticket + Multimedia ||EUR 35.50||Priority Entrance to Colosseum + Immersive 25-minute multimedia video + Admission to Roman Forum||Buy Ticket|
| Guided Tour 1||EUR 59.52||Admission to Colosseum + Forum Romanum, Duration: 2.5 -3 hours||Buy Ticket|
| Rome Tourist Card from ||EUR 97||Colosseum + Roman Forum + Vatican Museums + ST. Peter + 10% on further purchases.||Buy Ticket|
| Night Tour ||EUR 109||VIP Guided Tour in English, access to the Colosseum & Arena, group of max. 12 people, DurationL: 2 hours||Book Tour|
| Various offers from||EUR 58||With this link you find various offers of Tiqets: guided Tours, Hop-Bus combinations etc.||Book Tour|
| Hop Colosseum||EUR 49.40||Admission to Colosseum + Roman Forum and 1 Day Hop-on Hop-off Bus||Buy Ticket|
| Guided Tour 2||EUR 72||Guided Tour in EN/FR/IT/ES, access to the Colosseum & Roman Forum, groupe size: 15 people, Duration: 3 hours||Book Tour|
The Rome Tourist Card
at a glance
Finding your way around
Orientation on site
- Remember that your Colosseum ticket also grants you entry to the Roman Forum.
- At both attractions, you’ll need to join a short queue even if you’ve bought an online ticket. There’s just no way around those security checks! Make sure you don’t have a penknife or any other potentially questionable items with you.
- Take a bottle of water with you. You’ll be able to refill it at one of many drinking water taps in the Colosseum (I didn’t spot any at the Roman Forum).
- Keep your belongings close to you in the area surrounding the Colosseum. It’s a crowded place and you can easily get distracted by the Colosseum. Before you know it, a pickpocket will have taken your mobile phone or wallet. I’d recommend wearing your backpack or handbag on your front. And don’t keep your wallet or mobile phone in the back pocket of your trousers.
- Click on the links to find out more about the history of the Colosseum or the Roman Forum.