Big Fun Museum
Big Fun Museum
Big Fun Museum &
MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS
The Big Fun Museum and the Museum of Illusions are 8 different themed areas spread over two buildings. What they all have in common is that you become part of the exhibition and funny photos are guaranteed. That’s fun!
Well-done themed areas where you become part of the exhibition.
Suitable for children who have bravely visited Gaudí's buildings and the most important museums in Barcelona.
Expensive and there are no reductions for kids.
The horror section at the Big Fun Museum is not for the faint of heart or small children.
Last Modified: 25.01.2023 | Céline & Jacqueline
BIG FUN MUSEUM
Online-Ticket Big Fun MuseumEUR 20
+ EUR 5 if you want to add the Museum of IllusionsBuy Ticket
Online Ticket Museum of IllusionsEUR 10
Admission to Museum of Illusions onlyBuy Ticket
Family Fun PassEUR 53
Admission Zoo + Admission Wax Museum + Las Golondrinas Tour and moreBuy Ticket
at a glance
Big Fun Museum: EUR 20
Museum of Illusions: EUR 10
Combination-Ticket: EUR 25
No reductions for kids!show less
Reduced price with the Barcelona Card.
Available for 3, 4 or 5 days.
-> More about the Barcelona Card
What is there
The Big Fun Museum consists of 8 different ‘museums’, although these are not actually museums, but rather different thematic areas spread over two buildings.
The Museum of Illusions was the forerunner of the Big Fun and can either be visited with it or on its own.
What they all have in common is that you become part of the exhibition and funny photos are guaranteed. These museums are more like a small amusement park and are definitely an alternative and a change from the main attractions in Barcelona.
Big fun Museum
The actual Big Fun Museum is on the Rambla, just across from Boqueria Market.
Here we find different topics:
- Wonderful mirror labyrinth: in the dim light you have to find your way and suddenly you see yourself from behind, sometimes from the front. Not easy!
- Food Art: Pictures of famous painters imitated with flowers and food. Matter of taste.
- Horror Museum: a madhouse from the last century. Creepy background noise and scary patients.
- Museum of Guinness Records: Standing next to the tallest living man in the world – yes, that’s impressive!
- The upside-down house: Yes, everything hangs from the ceiling here and with a little imagination you can take exceptional photos!
- Museum of sweets: put on rose-colored glasses and there are ice cream and gummy bears in XXXL (unfortunately only to look at!).
- House of the giant: suddenly we shrink and fit perfectly in a sink.
There is also a ‘pool’ with balls in it. But it was closed when we visited.
Museum of Illusions
A five-minute walk away, on a side street off the Rambla, is the Museum of Illusions. Everything here is full of large 3D paintings that we stand, sit or lie in to become part of them.
Whether on the toilet with Merkel and Obama (now Putin and Trump, but this may change again), at the FC-Barcelona match at Camp Nou, as a picture thief, as an angel or fighting a dragon – there is something for everyone in the large selection of murals and optical illusions.
Here, too, you can and should take lots of photos. Another souvenir from Barcelona!
Big Fun Museum official website (EN): bigfunmuseum.com
Text and image rights: © Céline Mülich, 2021 – 2023
With the support of Jacqueline Glarner & her son.